One of the best things in life- getting together with family, spending time with cousins that you have a lifetime of shared memories with. And even though now we have our toddlers pulling at us from all directions, we try desperately to spend every second of our vacation together, pushing to make it through the few days we have with just a few hours of sleep.
And one of the most fun things about getting together are midnight snacks. It’s so fun to gather around good food, but you’re up for so long that those late night treats are always welcome. They’re fun to make and to enjoy!
So, I would like to thank my friend Farah Riaz for sharing this amazing recipe with us. It is so perfect for enjoying over some meaningless giggling and endless gossip! Enjoy these rich brownies with a glass of milk like all my cousins, or try them with tea.
Chocolate Chip Brownies by Farah Riaz
Note: This recipe makes cake-like brownies as opposed to chewy, gooey brownies.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp aluminum free baking powder
- 2 tsp soda
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 2½ cups water
- ¾ cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 12 oz chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla/2 inches vanilla bean (click to buy)
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Add the sugar and cocoa powder and mix well.
- Bring the water to a boil and add the oil.
- Slowly add the liquid to the dry ingredients while mixing with an electric mixer on medium low speed. Add the eggs and vanilla. Mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Bake in a greased 9×13 inch pan for about 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and cut into squares. Drizzle with chocolate syrup and serve!
Read about why I always use vanilla beans in place of vanilla extract in my Vanilla Extract Post.
Please ‘like’ Zabiha Bites on Facebook.